Oct 27, 2012

Family Pictures

I'm such a slacker when it comes to pictures.  I feel like I take alot of pictures...but not formal family pics.  Well Ashlynn turned two, which I just realized I haven't written about, and I realized it had been about 2 years since we had had family pictures.

So, after we moved I really wanted/needed some formal pictures.  For christmas last year, we got a nice Nikon camera with the justification that we would take our own family pics.  So, after we moved to Heber, we had Danny's uncle come out and take some pictures.  I really wasn't a fan of the time of day we did them, I would have prefered to do it in the evening when the light was better, but this was really the only time he could come out and take them.  There's a few that turned out good and we didn't have to pay for them, so that made it even better.

On a side not...I learned that day that I'm REALLY bad at doing little girls hair.  I think people think that just because I'm a mother I automatically know how to do hair.  I don't.  It's sad and on picture day I had a bit of a come apart because I had NO idea what to do with Ashlynn's hair.  Good thing she's cute to make up for mom not being able to do hair. 




I had to add this one so I could share all the funny faces Ashlynn pulled that day.  I'd say that 80% of the pictures were of her sticking her tongue out.  she hardly ever does that and of course she chose not to keep it in for pictures. 







That tongue is really showing in almost all the pictures.  Silly girl.  Pictures with toddlers is not easy...











Heber really is such a beautiful city! But after looking at these, I really would like to learn to take better pictures.  At least of Ashlynn. And there are a ton more pictures we took, but because of the sun they just didn't look as good.  But I like the second one.  So I think that's what we'll use.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy!! I think they turned out great! I love when you can see personalities in pictures so I wouldn't stress about getting the perfect shot of her smiling. The tongue pics are awesome! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable and I think her hair looks fantastic!! I don't have a clue about how to do hair, so don't think you're the only mom. Ashlynn looks super cute, great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete