Sep 3, 2011

more in alaska

 So here are just a few of our pictures from our Alaska.  It's been a while since I've posted and will have alot of catching up to do.  We had such a nice time there.  It is AMAZING country to see.   There is really nothing like it and you will never understand just how big and mountains are unless you're there. 
 So  I didn't want to take the time to go back and flip this picture straight....sorry, just do a little head tilt, you'll get the idea.
fishing with the babe

 One thing we did on our trip was take whale watching and glacier tour. This was the most amazing thing I've EVER seen!! I've seen glaciers before but never on the ocean like this.  It was a mile wide and one of the few glaciers in the world that is actually growing.  When we were driving up to it I had some Titanic flashbacks because the water was literally covered in icebergs.  Then when we got up close to the glacier we got to watch it calve (when big pieces of ice fall in the ocean).  Which was crazy because it was SO loud. it was seriously so pretty and serene. 
 There were three orca's that came right up to the side of the boat.  We also saw a humpback while breeching
sea lions...it looks cool which is was....but it stunk so bad when we passed this island

more glacier

 So I am aware that I look like some murderer in my big rubber trench coat but as you can tell...it rains alot.  This is the trail we were on when we ran into the bear.
fishing



same trail we saw the bear

LOOOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!!!

 This was on the ferry we took to get to Gustevus.  You can only get there by boat or plane....don't mind the crazy tights.  They kept her warm :)


This was in our rental car and no I didn't flip this one either.  but she's just so cute!

 There is also a glacier we went and saw while we were in Juneau.
Showing off my rubber boats. It is something everyone wears there like tennis shoes because it's always raining.  So I felt cool :)


she loves her daddy

cabin we stayed in

No comments:

Post a Comment