Feb 5, 2011

update


She loves to feed herself while I'm at work. She's tries to feed herself too when I feed her...but it doesn't really work...:)


Gotta love those big eyes :)


Ashlynn is almost six months! sadly, she is sick :( She has had a stuffy nose since about the time I went back to work after Christmas break in January. I had a cold and sadly...she got one too. It's kinda hard when you're a school teacher to avoid it. Well Wednesday she started to get a cough that just sounded horrible and she no longer had a stuffy nose, she was then congested in her chest. However she really didn't act like she wasn't feeling well cause she was just as jumpy and smiley as ever (jumping/bouncing is her new favorite thing) so I thought it was just a cold but I wanted to take her to the pediatrician before the weekend just in case it got worse. then i wouldn't have to call the on-call dr. Well I'm glad I did cause sure enough she tested positive for RSV. Not really what I thought was going to happen. I don't think she has a too severe case and that we caught it early but they gave us a nebulizer to use to bring up her blood oxygen level, help with her cough and clean the mucus out of her chest so hopefully it will help.
Other than the RSV she's doing really well and growing really fast. She still sleeps a ton like she did as an infant. She goes to bed about eight and then will get her last feeding at 10. then eats again at 6:30am before I go to work then she just falls back asleep till like 9:30. Can't complain I guess. And she still takes about a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and about an hour nap around 4:30. She is also starting to sit up by herself and loves to stand up and bounce when you hold her. She has her 6 month checkup on the 15th so we'll get to see how big she's gotten.
Danny and I still don't know where we're going on vacation in two weeks. We are extremely indecisive. We don't want to spend a lot of money but we want it to be nice....so it's causing some difficulty. But we are for sure going to go somewhere!


We had a few days in January when it seriously felt like spring. so we heard about a freestanding arch just like 10 miles out of parowan so we decided to go after it. It was a fun little hour adventure. Nice to get out of the house at least.
Me and Sadie. The arch wasn't very big as you can see, but it was still fun


love you!




2 comments:

  1. Such a cutie!! How sad that she is sick, hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you went to the Dr. early. So sad she has RSV, hope she gets better soon.
    I can't believe how much Ashlynn sleeps. Leila has never been a good sleeper, even as a newborn.
    Yay for vacations. Too bad we can't join you, it would have been so fun with our little ones. If you don't want to spend very much, Cancun isn't the place to go. Everything is so over priced, you can make it cheap if you eat where the locals do tho.
    Good luck and I can't wait to see where you guys decide to go. We need to make this trip together sometime soon tho!

    ReplyDelete